Can I beat these Battledome challengers? Should I train Defence?
J.L.W.S. The Special One
2005-12-12 04:35:45 UTC
My Kacheek's stats: Level 18 HP 37 Str 36 Mov 12 Def 14
Weapons Set: 2 Sticky Snowballs, 2 Kacheek Pebble Lobbers, KFC, KIC,
Oak KH, Oak KS.

Question 1: Should I train Defence, given my stats and weapons set? (If
defence is not worth training, I won't waste my Dubloons. If it is,
I'll train it like crazy before I train my Kacheek to Level 21 for
Drain Life, when 5 Dub Coins become more expensive) In addition, what
beginner abilities should I have?

Question 2: Which of the following opponents should I be able to beat
with reasonable ease (hopefully all)?;

a) Mummy
b) Lava Ghoul
c) Zafara Rogue
d) Tiki Tack Man
e) Highland Chia
(Up the food chain we have Magnus the Torch and the Down for Maintenace
Pteri. Do you think I can beat them?)

The following is a list of challengers I have beaten, and the number of
times I have beaten them:

Inflatable Balthazar 40
Chia Clown 20
Flaming Meerca 1
Harry the Mutant Moehog 1
Pant Devil 1
Cave Chia 1
Ghost Lupe 1

Among the challengers I have beaten once, which of them do you think I
can beat 5 times with ease?

In addition, are there any relatively easy (difficulty less than 60)
challengers that I have not found yet (I have found all the challengers
I have listed above), and if so, how do I find them?
moofenki
2005-12-12 18:04:13 UTC
I am creating a guide for low-level battlers, which should be up soon. As
far as training is concerned, you can train your STR and DEF up to twice
your level, and your HP up to three times your level. But DO NOT train your
HP more than twice your level. Trust me here - it will save you time, NP
and aggravation. Always keep your DEF, STR and HP at twice your level.
Otherwise, you end up like me - it has taken me months to catch up and in a
short while I will be able to train STR and DEF again.

OK, you have the 35 STR boost, which is good. Now you need to train your
DEF up. Eventually, you will need to utilize defensive weapons, and the DEF
boost will be greatly appreciated. Once you max out your one codestone or
one dubloon training, your stats should be: Level 20, STR 40, DEF 40, HP 40.
Do not train movement, as I have no idea if any weapons require a certain
level at this time. Intelligence can always be trained by playing
Cliffhanger or reading books, so don't waste NP training that. However, INT
is important for some stealing weapons, so keep that in mind. My two
cents - stealing items are useless. Then again, I play one-player almost
exclusively.

In-Depth Battlepedia is an incredible resource. You can find out icons for
just about any weapon there, they have a damage calculator that will tell
you how many HP of damage your attack will take based on attack stance and
str boost, and you will find weapon ratings that will assist you in your
purchases. Hint - 99% of the weapons are over-priced and/or weak. My
number, not theirs.

Another thing IDB has is a list of all one-player opponents and the weapons
they have. Many list suggestions of weapons and abilities to use against
them. Very nice.

Pant Devil and Ghost Lupe can be beaten in 2 or 3 rounds with scarab
ring/leaf shield and fierce attack. Cave Chia has nothing spectacular
regarding his weapons, so dual scarab rings should beat him in 3 rounds.
Meuka, however, starts to get tough - he has a powerful muffin and another
powerful weapon. A 35-boost pet might be able to beat Meuka in 3 rounds (I
had been telling people in 2, but that was when I thought Meuka started with
60 HP, not 75. However, it involves buying a scroll of freezing and
multiple ornate fighting fans - scroll is fragile and fans are one use. My
suggestion is to train up to 55 boosts before tackling Meuka.

As far as the others are concerned - check out www.idb.finalhit.org. That
is the website I mentioned. Look for the links to 1 player opponents and
damage calculator and weapons ratings. You will spend a lot of time there
and it will be enjoyable. Well, maybe not enjoyable, but it will help you
greatly.

:o)
J.L.W.S. The Special One
2005-12-13 01:09:22 UTC
Thanks very much.
What I'd like to know is how much damage the challengers can do to me.
I may have information on the icons their weapons have at IDB, but how
much damage per icon?
How much are scrolls of freezing? Will Sticky Snowballs be as good as
the fans? More importantly, what must I feed my poor Kacheek to get the
disease that will let him fight Meuka, and lastly do you think I can
beat the Brain Tree (and the other five challengers listed that I
haven't fought: Zafara Rogue, Mummy, Highland Chia, Lava Ghoul, Tiki
Tack Man)?